WE ARE ANNOUNCING A CALL FOR INVESTORS
The city is looking for a co-investor for the construction of a new building in the historic city centre with flats, underground parking area and business premises. The investment in the construction of the Nové Lauby residential building will be distributed between the city and a private investor who will build the building.
The city guarantees the subsequent purchase of two of the five houses and the parking area for tenants and the public. The private investor will own 3 blocks of flats, non-residential units and a corresponding number of parking spaces.
The selection procedure for the investor has 3 phases:
- The first phase is about EXPRESSING INTEREST. Potential investors MUST apply to the selection procedure no later than on AUGUST 20 this year! Applicants DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE ANY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (e.g. demonstration of qualifications, references, price quotations, etc.). It is ONLY NECESSARY to express interest in the public contract, e.g.: “I am interested in participating in the selection procedure for the public contract Blok Nové Lauby” + state the applicant’s identification data. It is NECESSARY to express interest, but NOT BINDING. Thus, applicants do not have to participate in other phases of the public contract if they subsequently reconsider their intention.
- A qualification phase will then take place in September
- and the submission of price offers will take place from October to November this year.
The Ostrava City Council decided to initiate a restricted procedure for the public contract “Blok Nové Lauby” by Resolution No 04400/RM1822/64 of 14 July 2020.
The procurement procedure is initiated by prior notification. The prior notification was published in the Bulletin of Public Procurement Contracts under form No F2020-024336 and in the Official Journal of the European Union No 2020/S 138-338282.
- land owned by the city (3,188 m2)
- rewarding location
- new residential building (five-house concept)
- the project is 95% ready:
- LAND-USE PERMIT
- BUILDING PERMIT
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SURVEY REALISED
- number of floors:
- 2.5 underground floors
- 5 floors above ground
- ground floor: 700 m2 of rentable space
- built-up area: 2,666 m²
- enclosed volume: 56,334 m3
- number of flats: 85
- number of parking spaces: 174, of which 85 for residents and 89 for public use
In accordance with the zoning decision the site should be developed as a new residential building (a complex of 5 blocks forming a harmonious single entity) with a ground plan in the shape of an enclosed irregular trapezoid with maximum dimensions 57.4 x 47.4 m and with maximum height 19.36 m. The building should feature flat roofs with vegetation and an inner atrium with plants.
The ground level should be used partly for residential units and partly for non-residential premises. The upper levels (floor 2 to floor 5) should contain apartments with 1–4 rooms. The complex should contain 85 apartments in total. Parking should be in an underground garage on 2.5 levels with 174 spaces.
This is a vacant space, plot No 160 in cadastral area Moravská Ostrava with an area of 3,188 m2. The advantage of this rewarding piece of land is its location in the central part of the city between Velká, Muzejní, Pivovarská and extended Dlouhá streets in the immediate vicinity of Masaryk Square (Ostrava’s central square). It is a very attractive location with excellent community amenities. The solved area is part of the city monument zone.
The attractiveness of the location is boosted by its direct access to public transport and a rich variety of cultural and social life in the immediate vicinity – including the nearby Antonín Dvořák Theatre and the Puppet Theatre as well as events held at the neighbouring Černá Louka (Black Meadow) exhibition centre.
The University of Ostrava’s Faculty of Fine Arts makes a major contribution to the vibrant cultural, artistic and musical life of the city centre. Till 2022 a new complex of university buildings will be created at the Černá Louka (Black Meadow) exhibition centre, providing state-of-the-art facilities for the Faculty of Fine Arts as well as a health/fitness/sports complex that will be used not only by students, but also by the general public.
Institutions near the site
- Masarykovo náměstí/Masaryk Square: within 1 min on foot
- Ostrava Puppet Theatre: do 1 min on foot
- A. Dvořák Theatre: 5 min on foot
- Černá louka (Black Meadow) Exhibition Centre: 5 min on foot
- Nová Karolina shopping mall: 10 min on foot
- Public transport access – on foot:
- „Výstaviště“ tram/bus stop: 5 min
- „Karolina“ tram/bus stop: 10 min
- Bikesharing station – at the site:
- „Výstaviště“, „Masarykovo náměstí“: within 1 min
- Access to main roads – by car:
- 28. října Street: 2 min
- Místecká Street: 3 min
- Bohumínská Street: 3 min
- Public transport access – on foot:
The city is currently preparing the supporting documents for the new route of Pivovarská Street (construction will begin in 2021), which connects to the current Vojanova Street. In the future, this street will connect the city centre with the Nová Karolina area (see aerial photo in the photo gallery). A new trolleybus service will be introduced on Pivovarská Street with stops within a 1-minute walking distance from the residential building.
Time schedule of the selection procedure
|Call announcement||14 July 2020|
|1.||Deadline for expressing preliminary interest
THE NECESSARY, but not binding, FIRST STEP TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SELECTION PROCEDURE!!!
|20 August 2020, 10:00 am|
|Call for suppliers to submit requests to participate||25 August 2020|
|2.||Deadline for submission of requests to participate||25 September 2020, 10:00 am|
|Call for suppliers to submit tenders||6 October 2020|
|3.||Deadline for submission of tenders||2 November 2020, 10:00 am|
|Supplier selection||November 2020|
|Date of contract||December 2020|
* In the event circumstances occur during the procurement procedure that affect its course, the above procedures and deadlines may be changed.
Subject of sale
The subject of this public contract is the future purchase of:
- units to be used as flats located in block B and C of the building “Blok Nové Lauby”
incl. an adequate share of the common parts of the immovable property;
- share in the unit or units to be used as garages in the following extent:
2.1 all parking spaces, except for the number of parking spaces determined in accordance with the relevant standards for housing units or non-residential premises in blocks A, D and E (i.e. excluding the units listed in point 1); and
2.2 basement storage units in a number corresponding to the number of units in accordance with point 1, which do not include a chamber,
incl. corresponding share in the common parts of the immovable property, all in the “Blok Nové Lauby” building, which will be constructed on the land plot No 160 in cadastral area Moravská Ostrava, the municipality of Ostrava (subject of the future transfer, hereinafter the “Units”).
Along with the contract for future purchase of the Units, a purchase contract for the transfer of the following immovable property for a consideration will be concluded between the contracting entity and the participant whose tender will be evaluated as the most economically advantageous according to the result of the evaluation of tenders (hereinafter the “Contractor”): land plot No 160 in cadastral area Moravská Ostrava, the municipality of Ostrava, registered on the ownership certificate No 2577 kept by the Cadastral Office for the Moravian-Silesian Region, Cadastral Office Ostrava (hereinafter the “Land in Question”);
the purchase contract for the transfer of the Land in Question for a consideration will oblige the contractor to execute the Construction of “Blok Nové Lauby” (hereinafter also the “Construction”) on the Land in Question, which will consist of five blocks A, B, C, D and E, in accordance with:
- Architectural study – Nové Lauby, Ostrava;
- Documentation for issuing a sitting decision for the Blok Nové Lauby building;
- Land-use permit No 35/2019 issued by the City Authority Ostrava under file No SMO/279750/19/UHAaSŘ/Mar on 9 May 2019, which became final and enforceable on 11 June 2019;
- Project documentation for the building permit Blok Nové Lauby;
- Relevant building permit (expected issue date August 2020); (studies and documentation referred to in points (a), (b) and (d) hereinafter together as the “Documentation”);
The Documentation was prepared by the company znamení čtyř – architekti s. r. o., with its registered office at U Půjčovny 968/5, 110 00 Praha 1, Company ID No 257 94 591.
General content of the purchase contract for the transfer of land
The general content of the purchase contract for the transfer of the land in question for a consideration will consist of, for the purposes of prior notification, the following generally defined contractual arrangements:
- transfer of ownership after payment of the purchase price according to the contractor’s offer within the procurement procedure (in the minimum amount of CZK 24,722,340 excl. VAT);
- the time limit for the commencement of the Construction no later than 3 months from the conclusion of the purchase contract and the time limit for the completion of the Construction within 3 years from the commencement of the Construction;
- a real property right of first refusal established for the contracting entity with an agreement on the purchase price;
- contractual arrangement limiting the contractor’s disposition of the Land in Question, which would prevent or restrict the use of the land in question for a specified purpose, or the future purchase of the Units;
- contractual arrangements securing the legal status and interests of the contracting entity in fulfilling the contractual obligations of the contractor (withdrawal from the contract, contractual penalties);
- contractual arrangements concerning the assignment of rights, entitlements, benefits and obligations arising from the relevant building administrative decisions;
- contractual arrangements concerning the transfer for a consideration of the Documentation and the corresponding rights to use the Documentation for a estimated fee of CZK 6,875,000 Kč excl. VAT;
- an obligation to reimburse other costs related to the preparation of the Construction incurred by the contracting entity in the estimated amount of CZK 30 million excl. VAT (e.g. archaeological research).
General content of the contract on the future contract for the purchase of a part of the completed Construction (the Units)
The general content of the contract on the future contract for the purchase of the Units will consist of, for the purposes of prior notification, the following generally defined contractual arrangements:
- an obligation to conclude a contract for the purchase of the Units upon completion of the Construction;
- the method of determining the purchase price for the Units;
- the content of the contract for the purchase of the Units will be defined in the contract on the future contract for the purchase of the Units;
- the purchase price will be paid in a lump sum in connection with the conclusion of the contract for the purchase of the Units;
- at the latest upon conclusion of the contract for the purchase of the Units, there will be no real property rights attached to the Units that would restrict the exercise of property rights (e.g. a lien, servitude), or other defects, with the exception of authorisations for administrators and owners of utilities and media suppliers in connection with the implementation and use of the Construction;
- arrangements regarding the acceptance of the Units, rights and obligations arising from defective performance, and guarantees;
- contractual arrangements securing the legal status and interests of the contracting entity in fulfilling the contractual obligations of the contractor (withdrawal from the contract, contractual penalties).
A condition for the conclusion of the final contract will be the conclusion of a contractual document between the affected contracting parties, on the basis of which the Contractor will undertake to prepare and execute the Construction in accordance with the Documentation, as well as an agreement on author’s supervision and the payment of a contractual penalty for a breach of these obligations.
The utility networks to which the building can be connected are laid in the streets around the solved area (drinking water, sewerage, gas pipeline, low-voltage underground lines, public lighting lines and a communication cable). A proposal for connection is discussed with the administrators of the individual networks.
The connection of the building to the utility networks will be solved by a separate contract and the establishment of a servitude.
The city of Ostrava is currently obtaining an archaeological research on land plot No 160 in cadastral area Moravská Ostrava, the municipality of Ostrava, which will be completed by the end of 2020.
Deadline for expressing interest
Candidates must express their interest AT THE LATEST by 20 August 2020, 10:00 am. The contracting entity prefers that suppliers express their preliminary interest in the public contract via databoxes (Databox ID: 5zubv7w). The supplier’s preliminary interest shall be expressed in particular so that it is clear who expresses it (supplier’s identification data) and to which public contract it relates (PUBLIC CONTRACT – BLOK NOVÉ LAUBY).
If you have any questions about this particular call, please write to email@example.com or call +420 599 443 256 (Mrs. Ivana Růžičková) – communication just in Czech language.
Visualization, aerial photos of the site, land use decision, site views etc. can be downloaded in a zip file HERE. (List of appendices: Land use approval process_decision on the location of a structure; Cadastral situation plan C.2; Coordination plan C.3; Site views – SE, SW, NE, NW; Extract from the Cadastral Register; Aerial views 1 and 2; Visualizations 1–6; Zoning plan_excerpt).
Presentation about the project in pdf ZDE.
A video about the project:
- Visualizations of the building were produced by Znamení čtyř – architekti s.r.o.
- Aerial view 1: City of Ostrava Archive, Lukáš Kaboň
- Aerial view in context: source Google Earth