The new residential block at the junction of Kostelni and Biskupska Streets in the city centre will create a highly attractive residential complex within easy reach of the city’s central square.
The project consists of two buildings with 6 and 7 above-ground levels, containing 33 apartments and with 43 underground parking spaces.
Built-up area (total): ca. 1,725 sq m
- above ground part: 879 sq m
- underground part: 846 sq m
The appearance of the block is based on the design chosen by the jury in an architectural competition. The winning design was prepared by architect Michal Palaščák from the city of Brno and his team of co-authors.
The receding terraced façades facing onto the area between the two buildings enables more light to enter the apartments as well as giving a distinctive appearance to this attractive, small-scale public space. A large part of the roof area consists of terraces with gardens (forming part of the apartments).
The project documentation is currently being drawn up.
The planned residential project is located in the heart of the city centre, close to a wide range of services, civic amenities and cultural facilities, including the recreation zone along the Ostravice River. The site is easily accessible by public transport or by car.
Civic amenities near the site
- A. Dvořák Theatre: 4 min/12 min by car/on foot
- Puppet Theatre/Černá louka Exhibition Centre: 2 min/7min by car/on foot
- Masarykovo náměstí/Masaryk Square: 3 min on foot
- Ostravice river: 3 min on foot
- Public transport access – on foot
- „Most M. Sýkory“ bus/trolleybus stop: 1 min
- „Elektra“ tram stop: 10 min
- Bikesharing station – on foot:
- „Most M. Sýkory, knihovna“: 3 min
- „Minikino kavárna“: 3 min
- Access to main roads – by car:
- Bohumínská Street: 1 min
- Českobratrská Street: 1 min
- 28. října Street: 4 min
- Visualizations of the building were produced by architect Michal Palaščák from the city of Brno and his team of co-authors
- Aerial view: source Google Earth