CALL FOR TENDER
The City Assembly approved the plan to sell land totalling 38.57 hectares directly adjacent to the Strategic Industrial Zone in Mošnov and Leoš Janáček International Airport at its session on 20 May 2020 (resolution no. 0845/ZM1822/14).
The Small Development Zone in Mošnov is owned by the City of Ostrava. It is an ideal location for commercial or office developments, a technology park or a similar complex which will create jobs with high added value. It is also suitable for industrial production, logistics, or mixed-use structures.
The site, located around 25 kilometres from central Ostrava, offers a range of key advantages: direct access to the D1 motorway and the newly built D48 motorway, a location directly adjacent to the international airport, good access by city and regional public transport, a highly qualified workforce in the area, and a strong industrial, scientific and technical base in the region. A study has been elaborated for a rail link giving direct access to the site.
Thanks especially to its strategic location and excellent transport links, this site has the potential to function as a unique logistics hub not just for the Central European region, but also for trans-European logistics networks. The factors listed above played an important role in existing investors’ decisions to locate their investments at the neighbouring Strategic Industrial Zone – which has so far created around 4000 direct jobs and attracted around 14.6 billion CZK of investment.
The intention to sell the land is also published on the city’s official notice board under No. 616/2020.
1. Subject of the sale
land in the cadastral area Mošnov, municipality Mošnov, including all components and accessories :
- parcel no. 855/8 – other land, handling area, total area 960 m2
- parcel no. 943/1 – water surface, natural or artificial watercourse channel, total area 386 m2
- parcel no. 1239/3 – other land, infertile land, total area 5391 m2
- parcel no. 1239/15 – other land, infertile land, total area 22 m2
- parcel no. 1239/23 – other land, infertile land, total area 284 m2
- parcel no. 1239/24 – other land, infertile land, total area 2 089 m2
- parcel no. 1239/25 – other land, infertile land, total area 6 089 m2
- parcel no. 1239/26 – other land, infertile land, total area 4 174 m2
- parcel no. 1239/27 – other land, infertile land, total area 323 m2
- parcel no. 1239/28 – other land, infertile land, total area 2 299 m2
- parcel no. 1239/29 – other land, infertile land, total area 791 m2
- parcel no. 2093/74 – other land, handling area, total area 498 m2
- parcel no. 2093/75 – other land, infertile land, total area 12 m2
- part of parcel no. 1152, total area 2 614 m2, designated as parcel no. 1152/1
- part of parcel no. 1152, total area 56 m2, designated as parcel no. 1152/2
- part of parcel no. 1152, total area 55 m2, designated as 1152/3
- part of parcel no. 1146/1, total area 4 579 m2, designated as 1146/1
- part of parcel no. 1146/1, total area 151 m2, designated as 1146/11
according to Geometric Plan no. 1640-65c/2020 elaborated for the cadastral area Mošnov, municipality Mošnov
b) Parcels as registered under the simplified records system – parcels listed in the Land Cadastre
- no. 883, total area 206 m2
- no. 884/1, total area 4 384 m2
- no. 884/2, total area 2 638 m2
- no. 885, total area 318 m2
- no. 886, total area 80 m2
- no. 887, total area 3 792 m2
- no. 888, total area 2 011 m2
- no. 891, total area 2 667 m2
- no. 892, total area 2 422 m2
- no. 893, total area 7 065 m2
- no. 894, total area 2 030 m2
- no. 923, total area 7 175 m2
- no. 924, total area 16 023 m2
- no. 925, total area 7 895 m2
- no. 943/2, total area 17 743 m2
- no. 947/1, total area 5 134 m2
- part of a parcel as registered under the simplified records system – parcel listed in the Land Cadastre as no. 943/3, total area 3 848 m2, designated as no. 943/3
- part of a parcel as registered under the simplified records system – parcel listed in the Land Cadastre as no. 947/4, total area 922 m2, designated as no. 947/4
according to Geometric Plan no. 1640-65c/2020 elaborated for the cadastral area Mošnov, municipality Mošnov
c) Parcels as registered under the simplified records system – parcel listed in the Allocation Plan or other document (Geometric Plan)
- no. 899, total area 16 185 m2
- no. 900/1, total area 1 827 m2
- no. 900/2, total area 2 956 m2
- no. 901, total area 1 223 m2
- no. 904, total area 935 m2
- no. 905, total area 2 464 m2
- no. 906, total area 17 156 m2
- no. 907/1, total area 5 052 m2
- no. 911/1, total area 7 126 m2
- no. 912/1, total area 17 307 m2
- no. 912/2, total area 1 973 m2
- no. 912/3, total area 2 084 m2
- no. 913, total area 845 m2
- no. 916, total area 11 078 m2
- no. 917, total area 4 087 m2
- no. 918, total area 3 039 m2
- no. 919, total area 6 006 m2
- no. 920, total area 5 035 m2
- no. 928/1, total area 5 138 m2
- no. 928/2, total area 16 799 m2
- no. 943/1 part 1, total area 43 046 m2
- no. 943/1 part 3, total area 15 614 m2
- no. 945, total area 320 m2
- no. 1159, total area 396 m2
- parcel no. 1444 – other land, other area, total area 196 m2
- parcel no. 1446 – other land, other area, total area 196 m2
- parcel no. 1449 – other land, other area, total area 196 m2
- parcel no. 1450 – other land, other area, total area 197 m2
- part of parcel no. 822/4, total area 70 642 m2, designated as parcel no. 822/4
according to Geometric Plan no. 1640-65a/2020 elaborated for the cadastral area Mošnov, municipality Mošnov
- part of parcel no. 947/3, total area 2 693 m2, designated as parcel no. 947/3
- part of parcel no. 1153, total area 1 728 m2, designated as parcel no. 1153/1
according to Geometric Plan no. 1640-65c/2020 elaborated for the cadastral area Mošnov, municipality Mošnov
- part of parcel no. 855/1, total area 5 009 m2, designated as parcel no.855/1
according to Geometric Plan no. 1640-65b/2020 elaborated for the cadastral area Mošnov, municipality Mošnov
on condition that the City of Ostrava becomes the owner of the land referred to in this point d)
(hereunder “the land”).
2. Delineation of the land
2.1. General delineation of the territory
The land offered for sale is part of the Ostrava-Mošnov Industrial Zone and is located between the municipalities of Mošnov and Petřvald and Leoš Janáček International Airport. The land is located in the cadastral area Mošnov. The land is bounded:
- to the NE by a culvert draining cleaned water from the waste water treatment plant,
- to the E by the Lubina River,
- to the SE by road no. I/58,
- to the S by the Tank ONO fuel filling station,
- to the SW by the main airport access road (K Letišti St.),
- to the W by the Leoš Janáček International Airport complex,
- to the NW by Gen. Fajtla St.,
- and to the N by the waste water treatment plant,
and its boundaries are marked in appendix no. 1 to this invitation.
Brief description of the territory
The territory was formerly used (and continues to be used) primarily for agricultural purposes; the individual parts of the territory were linked by farm tracks and separated from each other by hedge-lines consisting mainly of self-seeding plants. Of the formerly used farm tracks, only the remnants of one track (no longer in use) are still clearly visible (at parcel no. 1146/1, cadastral area Mošnov). The entire territory slopes from west to east towards the Lubina River; to the north-east the territory is bounded by a culvert draining cleaned water from the waste water treatment plant into the Lubina River. In the western part of the territory (parcel nos. 1444, 1446, 1449, 1450, cadastral area Mošnov) there were single-floor prefabricated structures covering a built area of 196 m2, which were formerly used by the army, though they were demolished during the preparation of the territory for future use.
In view of the expected development and expansion of the commercial/administrative centre and the Ostrava-Mošnov Industrial Zone in a northward direction, the City of Ostrava decided to consolidate the ownership of the land plots at the territory and to offer the territory for sale for purposes of an appropriate development plan to be implemented at this lucrative location directly adjacent to the international airport.
2.2 Delineation of the land as per the Zoning Plan
In the Zoning Plan of the municipality of Mošnov (see text and graphic components of appendix no. 2 to this invitation), the land is zoned as follows:
a) Land for production and storage – light industry, for which the main, permissible and non-permissible uses are defined as per appendix no. 2 to this invitation (in the text part of the Zoning Plan on p. 25),
b) Land for road transport infrastructure, for which the main, permissible and non-permissible uses are defined as per appendix no. 2 to this invitation (in the text part of the Zoning Plan on p. 31).
The Zoning Plan of the municipality of Mošnov further states that a public-interest structure is to be built on the land; this is depicted in the graphic components of the Zoning Plan forming appendix no. 2 to this invitation.
This public-interest structure is the re-routed I/58 link road to the D1 motorway, to be routed along a delineated corridor (see the Territorial Development Principles of the Moravian-Silesian Region, update no. 1, public-interest structure no. D79).
2.3. Information on the territory with respect to land use decisions
The Construction Department of Příbor Municipal Authority has issued a land use decision pertaining to the territory; it approves the construction of the “Mošnov Industrial Zone – ‘Small Zone’ – 22 kV high-voltage power line” (decision issued 23.3.2020, ref. no. 16303/2019/Han OSÚP-198/2020); the land use decision forms appendix no. 7 to this invitation. The purpose of this infrastructure is to connect the land to the electrical power distribution grid.
2.4. Acquisition of ownership rights to the land
Extract from title deed no. 493 for the cadastral area Mošnov, municipality Mošnov (appendix no. 3 to this invitation).
On the date of issue of this invitation, the land described in 1.1 d) of this invitation is in the ownership of the Moravian-Silesian Region; the ownership will be transferred to the City of Ostrava on the basis of a contract of donation. The donation of the land to the City of Ostrava was approved by the Assembly of the Moravian-Silesian Region in Resolution no. 15/1826 dated 5 March 2020; the receipt of the land by donation (free of charge) was approved by the Assembly of the City of Ostrava in Resolution no. 0852/ZM1822/14 dated 20 May 2020.
2.5. General information on the territory
2.5.1 Technical/utilities networks
The territory is the site of numerous technical/utilities networks, technical structures and other infrastructure. This may have a substantial influence on future construction work at the site, including the possible necessity to re-route infrastructure.
An approximate overview and specification of the technical infrastructure at the site forms appendix no. 4 to this invitation; it consists of an extract from an inventory and classification of technical/utilities networks elaborated in 2016 (the part covering the Ostrava-Mošnov Small Development Zone).
The precise routes of existing networks must be ascertained directly from the individual network management companies.
Part of the territory is the site of groups or lines of trees of average quality in the vicinity of existing and former (now defunct) transport/access routes or existing watercourses. Most of the territory is used for agricultural purposes.
The territory includes some land plots that form part of the National Agricultural Land Fund; if it is to be used for non-agricultural purposes, it will be necessary to remove this land from the Fund. The cost of removal from the Fund is set by the Moravian-Silesian Region.
2.5.4 Actual current situation
In the past, owners other than the City of Ostrava have demolished structures at the site – mainly military structures (both below and above ground level); remnants of these structures may still be present at the site.
The territory is currently used for agricultural purposes; the City of Ostrava is unaware of any negative impacts of agricultural activity at the site.
As the territory is in the close vicinity of Leoš Janáček International Airport, a Height Limit Study has been elaborated for the Ostrava-Mošnov Industrial Zone (including the Small Development Zone); the study stipulates the maximum permissible above-ground height of structures in the individual sectors of the Ostrava-Mošnov Industrial Zone; it forms appendix no. 5 to this invitation.
3. Summary of information with relevance to the possible implementation of future plans by interested parties
3.1 Power supply capacity
Following negotiations with the power distributor ČEZ Distribuce, a.s. on the connection of the Ostrava-Mošnov Small Development Zone to the power grid, a preliminary agreement has been reached to reserve potential capacity of 20 MW; the land use decision described in section 2.3 of this invitation was issued on this basis. The reservation of the supply is subject to a request from the investor following the payment of the legally stipulated reservation fee.
The documentation for the land use approval procedure forms appendix no. 6 to this invitation.
3.2 Study elaborated by the Moravian-Silesian Region concerning transport access to the territory via a rail link
As of the date on which this invitation is issued, the Moravian-Silesian Region is elaborating a study verifying the potential construction of a rail link to the northern part of the area directly adjacent to the airport, including the Ostrava-Mošnov Small Development Zone. The planned route of the rail line will run alongside and parallel to Gen. Fajtla St., mainly on parcel no. 822/27 (cadastral area Mošnov), which borders on the land offered for sale.
By submitting an offer, interested parties confirm and guarantee that they have acquainted themselves with all the information and appendices forming part of this invitation (in addition to any other documentation which they may request or which may be publicly accessible on the City’s website at www.land.ostrava.cz ) and that their proposed plans for the use of the land are implementable in line with the information and principles set out in this document and the appendices, plus other relevant circumstances.
The City of Ostrava invites interested parties to submit offers to purchase the land at the Ostrava-Mošnov Small Development Zone in order to implement investment plans. The submission must include the following particulars:
1. A definition of the subject of purchase
Interested parties should state their interest in acquiring the land to its complete extent.
2. Plans for the use of the land
Interested parties should submit an offer consisting of the following parts:
2.1 a description of the interested party’s planned future use of the territory, complying with valid zoning plans.
Interested parties should state the future built area in [m2], broken down as follows:
- area of commercial/administrative buildings, technology park structures or similar structures which will generate jobs with high added value
- area of structures to be used for purposes of production
- area of logistics structures
- area of mixed-use structures (or with use to be specified by the interested party),
2.2 a presentation of the overall plans, depicting the interested party’s future vision for the use of the territory; the presentation must be unambiguous and clear. The presentation must include both texts and graphic elements; the graphic part will consist of:
- situational drawings depicting the broader situation, a basic outline of the buildings/structures as per section 2.1, technical infrastructure to be constructed by the investor (including streets/roads, technical/utilities networks, re-routing, etc.)
- a simple visualization of the future development at the site,
2.3 a description of the interested party’s plans from the perspective of the benefits of the plans for the development of the location and the appropriateness of the planned development (in terms of urban planning, architecture, transportation and functional solutions),
2.4 a schedule for the preparation and implementation of construction work by the interested party at the site, including a timeline (The City would prefer a schedule specifying deadlines for the completion of construction work, deadlines for the submission of applications for the land use decision and construction permit, and the deadline for the commencement of construction work (and its continuation in individual phases if the interested party considers this to be applicable),
2.5 the number of jobs to be newly created per 1 hectare, along with a schedule (timeline) for the creation and maintenance of these jobs, stated separately for:
- positions in production and logistics not requiring higher qualifications (i.e. manual positions)
- positions with higher added value, i.e. positions to be held by employees with university qualifications (at Bachelor’s or Master’s level) working in commercial/sales operations, strategic services, science and technology centres, or in research, development and innovation,
2.6 a bid price stating the total purchase price offered for the land (including VAT),
2.7 information on the estimated volume of funds to be invested in the construction, including specific details of how the investment will be funded.
The information contained in the interested party’s submission (offer) will represent the basis for the negotiation of individual commitments stipulated in any contract of purchase subsequently concluded with the interested party.
3. Form of the submission
The submission (offer) must include the name of the interested party, its registered address, its identification number and the person authorized to act on behalf of the company, including the authorized person’s signature and contact details (telephone, e-mail).
All information required in Part II, paragraphs 1 and 2, sections 2.1 to 2.6 of this invitation should be provided with clarity, in unambiguous terms, with seriousness of intent, and in sufficient detail to enable the interested party to undertake a contractual commitment to the information.
1. General information
1.1 The final conclusion of the contract is conditional upon agreement between the City of Ostrava and the interested party regarding the content of the contractual documentation (particularly the contract of purchase, the agreement on service access rights, or an agreement to conclude a future contract of purchase, if applicable); mutual agreement is conditional especially upon agreement concerning the content and scope of the pre-emption right in rem, the prohibition of alienation and encumbrance, the entitlement to withdraw from the contract, and contractual penalties applicable in the case of breaches of contractual obligations.
1.2 The City of Ostrava reserves the right to revoke this invitation at any time.
1.3 The City of Ostrava reserves the right, on the basis of the offers submitted, to instruct individual interested parties to submit supplementary information.
1.4 The City of Ostrava reserves the right to refrain from negotiating with any of the interested parties after receipt of the offers, or to refrain entirely from concluding a contract.
1.5 The City of Ostrava reserves the right to evaluate each offer in a comprehensive manner, taking into account all aspects, without an exclusive preference for any one criterion.
1.6 The costs incurred by the interested party in connection with the elaboration of the offer will not be reimbursed by the City of Ostrava.
1.7 The documentation set out in this invitation is available to view at the Strategic Development Department of Ostrava City Authority (contact person: Mr. Ladislav Bražina, firstname.lastname@example.org).
1.8 All queries submitted by interested parties, and the City’s replies to these queries, will be published on this City’s website.
1.9 SUBMISSIONS (offers) must be submitted in written form and must be delivered in a sealed enveloped bearing the text “Malá rozvojová zóna Ostrava-Mošnov – NEOTVÍRAT” (“Ostrava-Mošnov Small Development Zone – DO NOT OPEN”) and the sender’s registered address, to be delivered NO LATER than 31 July 2020 to the following address (Statutární město Ostrava, odbor strategického rozvoje, Prokešovo náměstí 8, 729 30 Ostrava, Czech Republic)
1.10 All submissions (offers) received will be opened simultaneously.
If you have any questions about this particular call, please write to email@example.com . We reply officially and transparently to all questions we receive. They will be published on this website on an ongoing basis.
Notice of the intent to sell – download HERE (in Czech)
Appendix no. 1 – Coordination Plan – delineation of the land offered for sale; download HERE
Appendix no. 2 – Zoning Plan of the municipality of Mošnov (text and graphic components); download HERE
Appendix no. 3 – Extract from title deed no. 493 for the cadastral area Mošnov, municipality Mošnov; download HERE (only in Czech)
Appendix no. 4 – Approximate overview and specification of the technical infrastructure at the site – extract from an inventory and classification of technical/utilities networks dating from 2016; download HERE (only in Czech)
Appendix no. 5 – Height Limit Study stipulating the maximum permissible above-ground height of structures in the individual sectors of the Ostrava-Mošnov Industrial Zone; download HERE (only in Czech)
Appendix no. 6 – Documentation for the land use approval procedure for the construction of a 22kV power line connection; dowload HERE (only in Czech)
Appendix no. 7 – Land use decision issued 23.3.2020, ref. no. 16303/2019/Han OSÚP-198/2020; dowload HERE (only in Czech)